Welcome!

This is an exciting time for our family! We have outgrown our current home and have decided it was time for a change. We started looking to buy a new home, but didn't find anything we "just loved". So, we decided to build one. We were so excited to find the perfect lot nestled against Burch Creek! And, we only have to move a few blocks away from where we live right now. This keeps us close to all of our friends, and the kids won't need to change schools. Habitations Home Plans created the perfect plan for our new home! Kasey Malan of Malan Homes is our builder. The site work is already underway! We hope to be in our home around the first of next year. We will keep this blog updated with pictures and eventually a camera link so we can share this experience with our family and friends.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Framing






















It has been quite some time since I last updated the blog! Things have been moving along rather smoothly. We had the floors in the basement poured and then the plumbing was roughed in down there. Then the framers arrived! Matt Marker and his crew have been doing a great job. The walls are going up and it is starting to look like a house...finally! In the meantime, Paul and I decided on which type of windows we want to use and also on the materials for the exterior of the home. Those were really tough decisions!!! The garage floors were poured and the trusses ordered. I believe the truss guy should come to the site this week. I also finalized all the appliances at Orson Gygi...and came in under budget!!! Yippee!!! We also decided to add a small deck off the master bedroom...I was not totally sold on it at first, but now that it is there, I really love it. I think it will be a great place for me to catch some rays... And, Bella will love sitting out there as well.

We are just waiting for one more cabinet bid to come in before we decided on which company to use. I need to be making that decision soon since we are getting to the point where we can take the measurements for the cabinets. I am really starting to get excited. I know this home will be a wonderful change for our family. We are all looking forward to all the fun we will have once we move in.












1 comment:

Ashlee Raubach said...

Misti, That is so exciting! I loved every step of the way on our new home construction! You get so excited about the smallest things like; trusses, footings, sheetrock. You need to do a family blog! heres ours www.raubachfamily.blogspot.com
Let's all keep in touch through blogging!
We missed you guys at Thanksgiving!